Offering commercial food to your cats is already a thing in the past. Many cat owners are switching to raw and freeze-dried diets that are healthier and more ideal for cats. There are only a few companies that are manufacturing these kinds of meals, and if you want the best then the Primal Pet Food can be one of your options.
A number of Primal cat food reviews would tell you about the quality of the meals they offer, especially when it comes to their frozen diet products. The brand is known because of the variety of recipes that offer freeze-dried ingredients. This kind of diet helps your cats get all the necessary ingredients they need with the natural flavor that they love.
All products of Primal comes with a little moisture and will need additional water before serving. According to their website, the company has been committed to creating meals that can help promote the health of your cats and prolong their life. They are using only the best ingredients that your cat deserves. There are a lot of recipes under their brand and if you want to know more about it, then check out our Primal cat food reviews below.
Primal Cat Food Comparison Table
Primal Freeze-Dried Nuggets Turkey Formula
The Primal Freeze-Dried Nuggets Turkey Formula comes with 93% of turkey organs and bones and 7% of produce and supplements. This is a complete and balanced freeze-dried raw diet that is ideal for cats of all ages. The turkey used are raised without added hormones and antibiotic. It is safe, and it offers natural flavors that your cats will totally love.
This recipe is highly recommended and helps them lose weight. This is free from gluten, grains, wheat, corn, and soy. There are also no fillers and additives to worry about. It is sold in a re-sealable bag that makes serving and storing easier for you.
This is different from wet canned food as it has a longer shelf life and you can serve this to your cat as needed.
There are only a few manufacturers that are using venison as their ingredients and Primal Pet Food is one of them. The Primal Freeze-Dried Nuggets Venison Formula uses 93% of venison organs and bones as the main ingredient and 7% of produce and supplements. This is a premium quality recipe that you can offer to your cats to give them the right levels of protein that they need.
Another great and unique recipe that you can have from the brand is the Primal Freeze-Dried Nuggets Duck Formula. The formula uses duck that has been raised without added hormones and antibiotics. It has been sourced locally to ensure the overall quality and nutrients that come with it.
Important Points to Consider When Choosing
Primal Pet Food is known to create frozen or freeze-dried products that mirror the natural diet of the wild cats. It is important that you fully understand the different products they offer, and you need to know if they are worthy of your investment or not. There are only a few reasons to keep in mind and these are the following below.
- Freeze-Dried Cat Food: Many cat owners are starting to hop on the trend of having freeze-dried cat food over traditional cat food. It comes with the right levels of nutrients and calories that are needed to sustain the health of their cats and it offers the natural flavors that they desire.
- Ingredient Sources: Unlike any other brands, Primal Pet Food is very transparent when it comes to the sources of their ingredients. All their products are sourced from local farms and ranches in the US and New Zealand. They use high-quality ingredients to ensure the quality of nutrients your cats will have.
- Complete and Balanced Diet: All their recipes have been formulated to be complete. They use organic produce, unrefined supplements, and natural vitamins and the best probiotics to provide what your cat needs based on their natural diet.
- Highly Recommended: If you are planning to switch to a raw diet, then this is a great brand for you. All their recipes come with quality raw ingredients that are freeze-dried to keep the nutrients intact. There are also a lot of Primal cat food reviews that positively recommend the use of their products for the benefits that it offers to cats.
Preparing Primal cat food is very easy. Unlike the wet canned food that already has added moisture on the ingredients, their recipes are quite different. You need to add fresh water to the nuggets and wait for it to absorb it. It can take about 10-15 minutes before the texture changes and gives you the natural and tender pieces that you can serve to your cats.
Primal Food Quick History
Primal Pet Food is known on the market because of the variety of meals that they are creating for dogs and cats. The brand is based in San Francisco, California and had started to enter the pet food industry in 2001. There are a lot of Primal cat food reviews all over the internet that explain why they are a great choice for most pet owners.
Unlike Simply Nourish and other brands, Primal focuses on offering raw food as an alternative to many commercial cat foods all over the market. They are offering a complete and balanced diet, together with recipes and mixes that are ideal for supplemental feeding.
According to their website, all their raw treats and foods have been formulated with the use of the freshest human-grade ingredients that are free from antibiotics and steroids. They also add minerals and unrefined vitamins to offer a whole great quality meal for your cats.
Most of their formulas are based on Biologically Appropriate Raw Foods (BARF) diet and do not come with grains, rice gluten, wheat, and any other fillers. The company is known to get their ingredients from US farms and ranches. If you want to know more about the sources of their ingredients, then there will be no problems as they are very transparent when it comes to that.
Primal Cat Food Recalls
The company has been offering a lot of raw food recipes for over 16 years. However, despite being known for their great and nutritious cat food, the company had received several recalls on their products which include the following below:
- In March 2015, the company had a recall that has affected their raw frozen cat food. This is in response to a consumer complaint about the bags of the food and FDA had tested it. It is found out that the meals have low levels of thiamin.
- In 2011, the company has a voluntary recall of their Feline Chicken and Salmon Nuggets because of the possible contamination of Salmonella.
- They were called out by AVMA as they issued statements about the possible cons of feeding raw diet for the cats. However, it is already a popular choice for many consumers today.